The long wait is over and you are getting ready for commencement! You have been busy with your finals and your requirements for graduation but now you are done! All you need to do now is to worry about what to wear under your large and ugly (but fabulous) graduation toga!
There are simple rules in choosing what to wear for graduation day, here are some of them:
- Follow the dress code. If your graduation day has a dress code then you should strictly follow it. These may be the last school rules that you will ever follow in your life so bear with it!
- Be age appropriate! Now that you are graduating you are already an adult and a professional and therefore you should pick appropriate clothes according to your age and career. There are a lot of online sites that can help you with looking for the right clothes to wear and therefore you can take advice from there.
- Wear something conservative or preferably something that may be sleek. Remember that the graduation toga makes you look larger because of the way the dress is constructed. If you wear a bulky skirt then you may end up looking several pounds heavier in photographs! Choose sleek dresses or two piece attires and make sure that you check your figure in the mirror before you leave the house.
- Wear something that has at least a small pocket. You can barely hold anything as you walk, march and get your diploma on stage so better settle with a dress that has pockets. If you must carry anything during the ceremony, choose a wad of tissue or a hanky so you will have something to wipe your sweat and tears with, your car keys and your phone with a camera. You may leave all other stuff like makeup, hair accessories and your extra clothes with your parents or in your car.
- Your shoes for the event should be appropriate, comfortable since you will need to bear with your shoes for two or more hours and if you are height deprived, a pair that will make you look a bit taller.
- Match your look with makeup. Place makeup conservatively but place ample lipstick so you can look great even when photos are taken from far away. You should look great but no too overdone and of course you should look professional like what you are now!
At Jen Speaks I want to pass on tips that are helpful! The holiday is fast approaching and this is also the right time when you are dragged to shopping. Whether you are shopping for gifts or for goods for yourself, you might feel really confused considering the choices that may seem to be overwhelming during this shopping season. You might need a little help so here are some of the holiday shopping tips that you can grab.
Before jumping into the conclusion of shopping, you need to have a list first. Jot down the items that you need to buy to be able to save yourself from buying impulsively things that are not on your list.
Supply this list as early as possible so that you can shop early too. Shopping early will save you from the rush and may even save you from buying overpriced products. Some items go outrageously costly during this season which is a glitch.
Grab on sale items too. There are a lot of holiday sales that you can grab. It is best to take an eye over sales to help you save more. You should not worry because this is really the time for on sale items. You just have to find the ones worth buying.
But you need to be careful with the ones you are buying. You may be so sure to buy a bulk of items because you are thinking that the price should be grabbed but take time to think of the quality of the product too. Never get swayed by the price alone because sometimes, it is the quality that will bring you satisfaction still.
Holiday shopping can be dragging, yet, if you will just follow these tips, shopping can be a fun experience. Take time to follow these helpful tips to bring you nothing but a satisfying holiday shopping experience.
I think this is the best recipe I have found so far, let me know if anyone finds anything better.
Running a small business with only one employee namely you? Do not despair, most small and home businesses start this way. It won’t take long when you have your own employees to help you out, but now that your business is still in its start-up stage, take all the time you can to improve and learn about your market.
So, how to run a small business on your own? Here are a few pointers to follow:
- Use a planner to help you find time for everything that you need to do. With a planner, you can schedule your activities and manage your time wisely. On your own, you need to double time in creating your products, improving your services, dealing with marketing and following-up on your suppliers. All these should not overwhelm you, you will be able to manage your time and get everything organized when you have a plan.
- Take advantage of online help. There are online programs that will help you with managing your business even on your own. These software will help you with making business plans, scheduling your activities, completing a cash flow sheet, managing customer orders, making inventories and so much more. Simply search for small business management software online; companies who develop software have free trials so take advantage of this offer.
- Study your market regularly. Markets for any type of business constantly evolve and so you must take time to study your customers before you launch a new product, marketing campaign and program. Your market needs to be understood since this is the best way you can develop well-suited products.
- Should you quit a full time job? Experts agree that it is not advisable to quit a day job over a small home business. You must have several ways to earn income especially when your business is still in its start-up stages. You should consider hiring someone to help you or hire a family member to help you especially when the demand for your product or services increases. Start with one or two employees but be sure to manage your employees closely.